The Chief Manuelito Scholarship was established in 1980 to provide scholarships to high achieving Navajo high school graduates. The scholarships are awarded based on ACT/SAT test scores and final high school grade point average (GPA). Students receive $7,000 annually to cover direct educational expenses associated with attending a post-secondary institution.
High School graduates must meet the following two (2) criteria for eligibility:
- High School graduates with a minimum ACT (SAT scores will be converted) composite score and a minimum GPA are compared:
- A high school graduate with below 3.0 GPA in not eligible or a ACT score below 21
- A high school graduate with 3.0 GPA must have 29+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.1 GPA must have 28+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.2 GPA must have 27+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.3 GPA must have 26+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.4 GPA must have 25+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.5 GPA must have 24+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.6 GPA must have 23+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.7 GPA must have 22+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.8 GPA must have 21+ ACT score
- Completion of required Navajo Language & Navajo Government courses prior to high school graduation date.
- Navajo Language course must equal 1+ unit high school credit or 1+ college credit
- Navajo Government course must equal 0.5 unit high school credit or 1+ college credit
Undergraduate students must meet the following criteria:
- Full-Time student with:
- Completed 24 semester credit hours (or equivalent trimester or quarter credit hours)
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or better
NOTE: Because this scholarship is based on the GPA of college level courses, students seeking an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or Certificate are not eligible.
NOTE: The policies concerning deadlines and documents submittal are strictly adhered to. You must apply every year. This is not a four (4) scholarship.
NOTE: If you think you qualify for the Chief Manuelito Scholarship, call or email your agency Financial Aid Counselor (FAC)