The Chief Manuelito Scholarship was established in 1980 to provide scholarships to high achieving Navajo high school graduates. The scholarships are awarded based on ACT/SAT test scores and final high school grade point average (GPA). Students receive $7,000 annually to cover direct educational expenses associated with attending a post-secondary institution.
High School graduates must meet the following two (2) criteria for eligibility:
- High School graduates with a minimum ACT (SAT scores will be converted) composite score and a minimum GPA are compared:
- A high school graduate with a GPA below 3.0 GPA for an ACT score below 21 are ineligible.
- A high school graduate with 3.0 GPA must have 29+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.1 GPA must have 28+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.2 GPA must have 27+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.3 GPA must have 26+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.4 GPA must have 25+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.5 GPA must have 24+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.6 GPA must have 23+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.7 GPA must have 22+ ACT score
- “ “ “ “ 3.8 GPA must have 21+ ACT score
- Completion of required Navajo Language & Navajo Government courses prior to high school graduation date.
- Navajo Language course must equal 1+ unit high school credit or 1+ college credit
- Navajo Government course must equal 0.5 unit high school credit or 1+ college credit
Undergraduate students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship:
- Full-time student with:
- A minimum of 24 semester credit hours (or equivalent trimester or quarter credit hours) of college-level courses completed.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- The Chief Manuelito Scholarship is based upon the GPA of college-level courses. Students seeking an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or Certificate are ineligible.
- The scholarship is not automatically renewed and students must re-apply each year for continued consideration.
- Policies concerning deadlines and the submission of documents are strictly adhered to.
- Contact your Financial Aid Counselor if you think you may qualify for the Chief Manuelito Scholarship.
Deadlines to submit applications and all required documents are:
June 25 – Fall/Academic Year
November 25 – Winter/Spring Term